Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Barbershop (Not the Movie)

I took my dad to the barbershop this morning. He's 88 and in poor health, but he still likes to go to the barbershop. This was the first time he hasn't been able to drive himself and the first time I've set foot in a barbershop in more than twenty years. (Livia cuts my hair, what's left of it, and has for years.) The place he goes isn't a hair stylist, or one of franchise places. It's an honest-to-goodness, old-fashioned barbershop run by a couple of guys named Sal and Tony. The only odd note was the fact that the TV in the shop was tuned to Regis and Kelly. Just didn't quite seem right somehow.

The rest of the day was spent working on some revisions and reading the page proofs of one of my Trailsman novels.

I'm reading THE BLACK ICE, the second Harry Bosch novel by Michael Connolly. I really like the way he writes, but I think I've figured out some of his plotting tricks. We'll see if I'm right.

I'm going to try again to use that bigger font. We'll see about that, too, I guess.

No comments: