Thursday, March 10, 2005

Chris LeDoux

I went out to run some errands today, and when I turned the radio on in the car, Chris LeDoux's great song "Cadillac Ranch" was playing. I didn't know at the time that LeDoux had passed away.

I'm one of those people who can listen to almost any kind of music and find something to like about it. Probably comes from being around a mixed-format radio station quite a bit when I was younger. I never listened to country music much until about fifteen years ago, though, and when I started, Chris LeDoux was one of my favorites. Still is. I liked all of his hits all right, but there's even better stuff on his albums that never got any radio play, songs like "You Just Can't See Him From the Road", about modern cowboys. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone.

No comments: