Sunday, April 24, 2005

Catching Up

I've spent the past few days working around the house and struggling with the current book, so there hasn't been much to write about. My page production has hit a bit of a slump -- it was inevitable, I suppose -- but I know from experience I'll just have to write my way out of it. I've been watching a chapter from SOS COAST GUARD almost every night. Comments on it will appear when I've finished it. I'm reading a pretty good Western mystery called BLACK SOMBRERO, by William Colt MacDonald. My review of it will probably show up here eventually, after it runs in OWLHOOT. Speaking of which, in the next few days I'll be posting my reviews from the current mailing here and on the WesternPulps list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I don't recall reading that particular title I have read many of MacDonald's stories. They're almost always entertaining.

Steve Everett

James Reasoner said...

I finished BLACK SOMBRERO and liked it a lot. Review to come eventually. I'll definitely read more by MacDonald.