Thursday, May 12, 2005

Frustration

Today I had what I think is a good idea for a novel, maybe one of the best ideas I've ever had. A book that would be fun to write and that also would have at least the potential for some success. Problem is, I don't have time to write it. Not even chapters-and-outline. It's enough to drive a guy nuts.

I know that some of you reading this may be trying to sell books, and the last thing you want to do is listen to some jackass whine about selling too many. I apologize. But, dang, it's a really good idea. I'm going to at least write it down so I won't forget about it (like all the other great ideas I've had that are now permanently missing from my head).

No pages to report today. Errands this morning, then this afternoon I had to crawl under our house to struggle with some plumbing problems. These problems have been on-going for the past couple of weeks and my annoyance and frustration over them contributed to my recent "I ain't gonna blog no more" snit. Those of you who have met me can easily guess that negotiating through a dark, muddy, cramped crawlspace is not something I'm good at. I couldn't do anything except attempt some stopgap repairs. Fixing things right is going to require a plumber. But at least I've seen the problem close up and can tell him exactly what's wrong. Plumbing and painting are the two household repairs that I hate the worst. Maybe I did a little bit of good, though.

No comments: