Friday, August 10, 2007

Brick Wall

I wanted to do something different today, so I started writing a mystery short story that's been lurking in my brain for a while. It's not for an anthology or anything, just something I wanted to write and try to sell somewhere. But when I reached about the halfway point in the story, I realized I had no idea how to end it. I liked the writing, liked the characters, liked the general idea, but my first impulse was to say that I'd wasted the day. On the other hand, I have half of a pretty good story. I just need to figure out what the rest of it is. So maybe that's worth something after all.

It'll have to go back in my brain to percolate for a while, though, because I have to get back to my other work.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

That pretty much happens to me everytime. Sometimes it's suddenly there but not always.

Charles Gramlich said...

Good luck. I find sometimes that the endings will come to me on a walk, if I don't let the story recede too far into the background.