Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Book List

Several people have suggested that I put together a list of the books we’re still looking for. I’ve finally gotten around to doing so, and you can find it below. I warn you, it’s pretty long. Most of these books are also included on an Amazon wish list I’ve put together, along with some research books and a few odds and ends. If you buy anything through Amazon, it’s supposed to be taken off the list automatically. If you’re sending something you already had or something you bought elsewhere, just email me with the titles and I’ll delete them from the list myself. I’ll also post an updated version of the list here on the blog pretty often.

I was surprised to see how many of my old books Amazon still has listed. Used copies, of course, since some of the books are long out of print, but at least they’re still listed. I was also surprised to see the range of prices. Many of the books are available for a penny, plus shipping, while others are a lot more expensive than what I thought they would be. And some that I thought had probably vanished from the face of the earth except for the few copies I had evidently are still available.

I can’t tell you how much we appreciate all the books that have been sent our way so far, and how much we’ll appreciate any that show up in the future. I’ve got some money earmarked for a nice set of shelves that I hope to one day have filled with all the books Livia and I have written and all the anthologies we’ve contributed to. Maybe it’s a little vain, but it’s nice to be able to look at the concrete evidence of what we’ve accomplished over the last thirty-plus years, and I’m extremely grateful to everyone who’s contributing to that effort.

Novels by James Reasoner

Civil War Battle Series:
Book 6: GETTYSBURG
Book 7: CHICKAMAUGA
Book 8: SHENANDOAH
Book 9: SAVANNAH
Book 10: APPOMATOX

Jove Books as Tabor Evans
#306 LONGARM AND THE PIRATE’S GOLD
#311 LONGARM AND THE DEVIL’S BRIDE

Signet Books As Jon Sharpe
#248 TRAILSMAN: SIX-GUN JUSTICE
#256 TRAILSMAN: HIGH COUNTRY HORROR
#266 TRAILSMAN: SIX-GUN SCHOLAR
#279 TRAILSMAN: DEATH VALLEY VENGEANCE

JUR: A STORY OF PRE-DAWN EARTH, by Tom Johnson and James Reasoner, NovelBooks, Inc.
CHILDREN OF THE LION #19: TRIUMPH OF THE LION, by Peter Danielson, Bantam Books
MURDER IN COWTOWN, by Tom McCloud, [Audio], Spellbinder
HIGHWAY TO FEAR, by B.J. Conners, [Audio], Spellbinder
NOAH'S RIDE by Elmer Kelton, Judy Alter, Carlton Stowers, Phyllis Allen, James Reasoner, Mary Rogers, Mike Cochren, Mike Blackman, mary Dittoe Kelly, Jane Robers Wood, James Ward Lee, Carole Nelson Douglas, & Jeff Guinn, TCU Press


Anthologies
THE BOOK OF ALL FLESH, Eden Publishing
FELINE AND FAMOUS: CAT CRIMES GOES HOLLYWOOD, Ivy Books
HEAT I, Foggy Windows
A MATTER OF CRIME #2
A MATTER OF CRIME #3
MURDER FOR FATHER, Signet Books
MURDER MOST CONFEDERATE, Cumberland House
WESTERYEAR, M. Evans

Update: I've deleted numerous items off the list. This update is current as of 11:00 pm CDT Saturday, April 5.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey James:

Has Kim forwarded on the books sent to her yet? I thought I had included a copy of Emerald Land in the box I'd sent there. If it wasn't there it must be around here somewhere.

best, Steve Stilwell

James Reasoner said...

Steve,

Those books are on the way but haven't arrived yet. Kim sent me a list of them, however, and I don't find The Emerald Land on it. I did notice a copy of Ghost River you sent that I overlooked, though, so I'll delete that one.

If anyone else sees anything on the list that you've already sent, please let me know so I can take it off.

Randy Johnson said...

James, the box I'm planning to send has the three Walker novels. It should be sent early next month. There are a few I want to read first and one I'm still waiting to arrive. I had to reorder it after the book didn't arrive from the first bookseller.

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Randy. I'll take the Walker novels off the list.

Anonymous said...

Can't find Emerald Land, but did find a copy of Black Moon, which I'll send along shortly, so you can cross it off.

Stilwell

Anonymous said...

James,

We were in Florida for 5 weeks when I heard about your disaster. In checking the want list I see I have three for you:

Guns of the West
Lone Star Law
Battle Lines

I guess every little bit helps.

Good luck.


Jeff Meyerson

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, guys. Every bit does indeed help, very much.

Cap'n Bob said...

Cross off Lyron's Lament. I'm sending it.

James Reasoner said...

Will do, Cap'n. Many thanks.

Bill Peschel said...

James,

I see you need Hard Boiled. I have a copy I reviewed years back, so I'll send it to Kim today.

It gave me a chance to read your story. Still holds up. Knowing how how difficult it is to write such short-shorts, I've come to appreciate it even more.

Regards, Bill Peschel

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Bill. That's great. If you haven't mailed the book yet, you can send it directly to me if you want:

James Reasoner
P.O. Box 931
Azle, TX 76098-0931

And for those of you who haven't read it, I highly recommend HARD-BOILED, and not just because I have a story in it. It's one of the best anthologies I've read.

Anonymous said...

I found my copy of American Pulp but see its already been crossed off. Well at least it now gives me a reason to review it along with other Short Story Collections I've got.

Oh well next time I used book shopping I'l be on the lookout for your series westerns you have listed.

Juri said...

James,

I sent you an e-mail earlier, but maybe you didn't notice it. I have Rivers of Gold, cross it out.

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Juri. The earlier email seems to have disappeared somewhere between here and there.

Bruce, AMERICAN PULP has some good stuff in it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Warren Harris said...

James:

I picked up a copy of Longarm and the Yukon Queen yesterday. It's been read, but it's not too bad.

I also have some of the Justin Ladd books, but it looks like somebody beat me to them.

Warren Harris

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Warren. I'll cross that Longarm off the list.

Randy Johnson said...

I'm sending those books I promised out next week and adding one more: Cross Plains Universe.

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Randy.

Lee Goldberg said...

James,

I didn't have your list with me when I went on my Spring Break road trip...but I picked up a bunch of your books at the used bookstores I visited on my way. But I don't think any of them are titles that are still on your list. Would you like me to send them anyway?

James Reasoner said...

Lee,

Absolutely, I'd love to have them. You know a writer can always use extra copies of his books.

Benjie said...

James, I've got the cassette version of How the West was Read, if you're still looking. Can't vouch for the condition of the tapes in the case though (they were in storage for about five years).

James Reasoner said...

Benjie,

Yes, I still need How The West Was Read, if you don't mind parting with it. I imagine the tapes are still fine. Many thanks!