Saturday, October 16, 2004

Stumpy Lives

Well, I'm about halfway laid up with a bum knee. I hurt it a couple of days ago. I'm not sure how, but I think it had something to do with carrying a fifty-pound bag of goat chow. So now I'm hobbling around like Walter Brennan in RIO BRAVO. Luckily it's my left knee, so I can still drive, although getting in and out of the van is a bit difficult. And it doesn't affect my writing, of course, so I've been able to have productive days both yesterday and today. Ten or fifteen years ago I cracked a bone in my leg and had to stay off it for several days. Put me in a recliner for any length of time and I wind up napping, so that's how I spent that time.

I'm about to finish reading that Max Brand book I started a couple of days ago, MONTANA RIDES. It's a good one. After that I need to read some books for the Spur competition.

No comments: