Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Big Day

Twenty years ago today, our oldest daughter Shayna was born. It's very hard to believe that it's been that long. Certainly doesn't seem like it. When she was little, we called her a joy and a treasure, and she truly was. Over the years she's grown up into a complex, interesting, and beautiful young woman. We love her a whole bunch. So happy birthday, Shayna, if you're reading this.

On the writing front, I had another pretty productive day but still didn't finish the blasted book, which continues to grow like Topsy. It's going to wind up longer than it has to be (it already is, actually), but the editor likes for the books to be a little long. I should finish it tomorrow.

I'm reading DEAD MAN'S DANCE by Robert Ferrigno. I'd never read anything by Ferrigno before, and while the book is okay so far I have the nagging feeling there's something I don't like about it. It's certainly good enough to finish, though, so we'll see.

Oh, yeah, there was an election today, too . . . or something . . .

3 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

James,
I see we have another thing in common...my daughter was born today, but only three years ago. The youngest of six and the diamond of my eye. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Robert Ferrigno will surprise you. His latest book is very good.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Shayna! Twenty years? Doesn't seem possible. James is much too young to have a daughter that age.

James Reasoner said...

Aldo,

I hope your daughter had a happy birthday, too. Three is a great age, for kids and for parents.