Saturday, May 26, 2012

Writing Update

The work went much better today. Real life cooperated, and the idea I had yesterday worked out well. I left myself a note at the end of yesterday's pages, as I often do so I don't forget what I had in mind when I sit down at the computer the next morning. In this case it was pretty simple: JOHN AND MARY ARGUE. (Note: not the actual names of the characters!) I wound up getting twelve pages out of that. It was a pretty important argument. Plus there was a battle to write, too, and those usually go fast for me. Wordage for the day: 4724.

4 comments:

Ed Gorman said...

Your wordage for the day, James? I am in awe!

James Reasoner said...

That's actually a little more than I like to do these days. If I go over 4000 words in a day I feel it, mentally and physically. But I'm kind of behind on the schedule, and I want to catch up as much as I can.

Peter Brandvold said...

James, can I have a picture of you for my writing shrine?

Ron Scheer said...

My day was 2,000 words of analysis and comment on an early western, BROWN OF LOST RIVER, published in 1900. The argument was mine for the reader, that the novel is worth devoting a day to writing about. Ha.