Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Range Riders, February 1939


I read this issue about 20 years ago and don't remember anything about it except that I liked it. Oscar J. Friend is best remembered as a literary agent and editor, but I've read several of his Range Riders novels and enjoyed all of them. For those of you unfamiliar with the series, it features the adventures of three range detectives, Steve Reese, Hank Ball, and Dusty Trail, who work for the Cattleman's Protective Association. I can't help but wonder if they knew Hashknife Hartley and Sleepy Stevens, or even Tombstone and Speedy. Anyway, I've read quite a few of them by different authors and always liked them. I'm a little surprised none of them were reprinted in the Sixties and Seventies when the other Western series characters from the Thrilling Group, Jim Hatfield, The Rio Kid, and The Masked Rider were all being reprinted.

No comments: